All over the world, we always known about the endangered animals, but what are the most endangered plants?
They might not be as stirring or attractive as animals, but they are just as important to the ecosystem and humanity depends on that ecosystem.
In this articles we’ll talking about the most threatened plants today. Almost all this kinds are classed as critically endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
These plants inhabit some of the most unreachable, distant parts of our planet. They are threatened by habitat destruction, illegal collection, poaching, and competition with invading species.
Some of this plants:
- Attenborough’s pitcher plant (Nepenthes attenboroughii)
- Western Prairie Fringed Orchid ( Platanthera praeclara )
- Rafflesia Flower (Rafflesia arnoldii )
- Georgia Aster (Symphyotrichum georgianum )
- Wiggin’s Acalypha (Acalypha wigginsii )
- Texas Wild Rice (Zizania texana )
- Howell’s Spectacular Thelypody (Thelypodium howellii ssp. spectabilis )
- Ouachita Mountain Goldenrod (Solidago ouachitensis )
- Enrubio (Solanum drymophilum )
- (Agave arizonica )
- Stenogyne Kanehoana .
In the next article w’ll taking about each kind of this plants.
Dr. Waleed Abobatta
A R C